DO NOT BUY A BUNNY JUST BECAUSE YOU SAW A CUTE PHOTO ON THE INTERNET!!! DO NOT BUY ANY ANIMAL JUST BECAUSE YOU SAW A CUTE PHOTO ON THE INTERNET. DO RESEARCH FIRST AND MAKE SURE YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF THAT ANIMAL. PETS ARE NOT HANDBAGS DO NOT TREAT THEM AS SUCH
This is super relevant again with Easter coming around the corner!!!
Via Twitter: from the Times of London
It’s a fucking Nick Furry cosplay cat.
I tried to scroll past it.
Shut down the internet. It’s met the intended goal.
I can not understand people using the existence of disgusting and abhorrent fanfics being a reason why all Bronies are awful. Is there *any* fandom without it’s disgusting and abhorrent fanfics?
If you’re going to judge which fandoms it’s okay to be a part of based on the existence of fanfic with disturbing and offensive content, it’s going to be hard to find any fandoms to be part of.
well let’s see
- appropriated a TV show aimed at little girls and made it solely about themselves (and will, as the post I reblogged indicates, pitch a shit when you bring up this fact)
- took characters from a show created and written by a feminist about feminist ideals and reduced them to nothing but over-sexualized waifu material and a mouthpiece for their misogynistic bullshit agenda (see Princess Molestia)
- draw copious amounts of pornography of said characters, post them where they’re easily accessed by minors and then pitch a shit when other people tell them that they need to tag it or post it to appropriate websites
- complacent (eager, even) to send death and rape threats to a teenage girl for trying (and succeeding) to get Princess Molestia taken down
- sexually harassing minors, sexually harassing VAs at brony conventions
- go into Absolute Batshit Racist Mode when any humanized ponies are depicted as ANYTHING other than white
- fandom is fraught with homophobia/transphobia/transfetishism (Futashy)
- I’m sure there’s a lot more but I honestly try to keep approximately 800000000000000 parsecs away from this putrid group of people, after—especially after—receiving several hateful comments simply because I stated (in passing) I didn’t like the show
- and no, I really super do not care if “not all bronies are like that”; if you want to use willful ignorance as an excuse to associate yourself with a toxic fandom then that’s your business. don’t bring it to me
How about just fucking stop. Ugh, luckily I’m to tied to even tedious to this properly but I really hate generalized bullshit like this
lmfao these aren’t even generalizations these are things that have actually happened
so no I’m not going to “just fucking stop” because you don’t want to feel guilty about how unbelievably shitty a lot of your fandom is
Just want to ask when exactly we jumped from “There are some jerks who are Bronies” to “All Bronies are MRAs who all sign up to the same ideas and are uniformly represented by this list of awful things.”
I mean, would going to a convention wearing a MLP themed T-Shirt now mean I’m an awful person?
Am I still allowed to like the show, or do I have to keep it a secret?
What you’re doing is demanding that in the face of Nasty People, we must abandon the field and run away. By saying all Bronies must be represented by the worst of Bronies, and so you can’t be a Brony without being a nasty person, it’s giving up the fight for the good guys ability to win out over those jerks. It’s basically waving the white flag of surrender, and giving an entire fandom over to those idiots.
Well, no, you know what I like the show, and I want there to be a fandom for it that is not the sole domain of the MRA jerks. So stop demanding that you can’t be a feminist and a brony at the same time. Because I refuse, I’ll be a feminist, and a brony. And I reserve the right to mouth off both at scum sucking MRAs, and jerks who try to dictate what fandom I am and am not allowed to participate in.
Put up a god damn fight for it, don’t keep rolling over and allowing MRAs to take over the things that should be for all of us. And don’t start helping them by labelling things as the domain of the MRAs. Liking MLP:FiM while being male, or even wearing a Fedora, is not a positive indicator of being an MRA.
As a guide -
Someone who buys blind bag MLPs at your local convenience store, while wearing a Fedora, is a fan of the show who has a hat.
Someone who’s wearing a Princess Molestia T-Shirt is an asshole.
Learn to direct your hate with precision to the target that deserves it.
an inspiration to us all
Florida Man finally has his arch nemesis.
So the Great Password Changing of ‘14 has brought up some of my huge bugbears with sites that poorly handle passwords…
Sites that limit the length of the password.
There’s no reason to do this. Seriously, arbitrary long strings entered as a password is a solved problem. It only requires a little extra coding effort to do it right and do it securely. Failing to do so suggests that the password system you’re putting these passwords into was written in a weekend by someone who has no experience with setting up secure systems.
Sites that allow you to set an arbitrary long password, but silently truncate it and only work if you used the truncated version.
See above but worse.
Sites that mandate the use of punctuation marks, numerals and capital letters - but only allow eight to sixteen character passwords.
See XKCD 936
Sites that for any reason at any time can send your password in a clear-text email.
Say you happen to be on a public wifi-network at the time you get that email. Say someone else on that network is packet snooping. Say they’re looking for email address and password pairs. Say they just got your account details. Say they quickly log on with them, change all the settings to appropriate that account away from you.
Sites that allow you to reset a password using some code sent in a clear-text email, without a follow up verification of some kind.
Sites that allow you to set a password, but never, ever change it. And just send you the password in clear text when you say you’ve forgotten it.
I’m looking at you Costa Coffee you bunch of morons.